Home NewsNational When You Succeed, We Succeed – Kagame to Kigali Investors

When You Succeed, We Succeed – Kagame to Kigali Investors

by Kalinda Brenda
4:00 pm
CHIC shopping mall cost Rwf 20 billion and has 55,000 square meters of space

CHIC shopping mall cost Rwf 20 billion and has 55,000 square meters of space

It’s a dream come true for 56 traders that have been operating kiosks for decades at Quartier Matheus in the heart of Kigali City. They have finished building a massive 6-storey shopping complex.

The traders formed a company – Champion Investment Corporation (CHIC) to manage their project.

The shopping complex valued at Rwf 20 billion has 55,000 square meters with a total of 1,500 rooms and parking space for 500 vehicles.

President Paul Kagame today officially opened the CHIC shopping mall along Muhima road. Hundreds of tenants and general public also witnessed the launch.

“Thank you for investing your own resources. This is how transformation is achieved. After all we cannot expect any third party to build for us such important buildings,” President Kagame said.

The president said many more facilities of this kind need to be developed concurrently with decent residential neighbourhoods and the way to go is by joining hands because “union brings great achievements.”

Right from CHIC in down town, President Kagame headed to Kimihurura, to launch another important commercial complex, Kigali Heights worth $ 40 Million.

Located next to Kigali Convention Center and Radisson Blu Hotel in Kimihurura , construction of Kigali Heights begun in February 2014 under the Finland-based project developer and fund-managing firm, Taaleri Private Equity Funds Limited.

Kigali Heights has a retail space of 6,000 square meters, most of which has already been booked as well as 12,000 square meters for office space and a parking for over 300 vehicles.

Located adjacent to the attractive Kigali Convention Center and Radisson Blu, Kigali Heights addition makes Kimihurura a premium neighbourhood along Kigali International Airport Road.

“Thank you to the team that has made this beautiful project materialize,” said the President.

“This project is following through on what the struggle was about, a developed and prosperous country.”

The President also told them that when investors make an award winning project, the government joins them in a party to celebrate the achievement.

“When you succeed, we succeed. That is why business is government’s business,” the president said adding that it is part of government’s responsibility to ensure everyone can do business fairly and thrive.

Kigali Heights facility has already attracted retail brands and banking institutions from the country, the region and beyond; such as Javas House cafe, Mr. Price, Bossini, Simba Supermarket, UZURI K&Y, Ecobank, and Vine Pharmacy among others.

Over 90% of the available retail and 40% of office spaces have already been booked, with high positivity that the remaining 60% shall be taken up soon.

Meanwhile, Kigali Heights and CHIC Investment are part of several joint ventures the president has launched in a year.

In August last year, the president launched Umukindo Plazza and visited Adarwa building located within Gisozi neighborhood. The two buildings embed success stories of men and women who rose from rags to riches.

In November of the same year, he launched a commercial complex-Makuza Peace Plazza by the late Bertin Makuza.

The president has dedicated today – December 5 to Investors. In evening, he will host city business operators at Kigali Convention Center and Radisson Blu.

Kigali Heights complex cost upto $ 40 Million

Kigali Heights complex cost upto $ 40 Million