Reigning Tour du Rwanda winner Joseph Areruya has won the 182km fourth stage, the longest stage of the Tropicale Amissa Bongo tour on Thursday in Gabon.
The Team Rwanda rider beat Belarus rider Koshevoy llia in a bunch finish to cross the finish line in 4:25:10. Germany’s Bike Aid Holler Nikodemus finished third while French rider Gaudin Damien was placed fourth.
Other Rwandan riders Bonaventure Uwizeyimana managed a 16th place, Munyaneza Didier finished 21st, Ruberwa Jean Damascene was placed 29th, all clocking 04:32:52 while Jean Paul Rene Ukiniwabo managed to finish 36th in 04:33:02 respectively.
Areruya’s victory from Ndjole to Mitzic saw him take control of the general classification going into tomorrow’s stage five of the Tropicale Amissa Bongo.
Areruya has used 14:53:21 in the four stages of the tour coming 11 seconds ahead of second-placed Bike Aid’s rider Holler Nikodemus and 34 seconds ahead of third-placed French rider Gaudin Damien.
Rwanda’s pair of Munyaneza Didier and Uwizeyimana Bonaventure are ranked 30th and 31st respectively.
Action continues on Friday with stage five with riders heading to Oyem from Ambam in a 141km distance cycling race.
Stage Four Results
- Areruya Joseph (Rwanda) 04:25:10
- Koshevoy Llia (Wilier Triestina, Belarus)04:25:10
- Holler Nikodemus (Bike Aid, Germany)04:25:19
- Gaudin Damien (Direct Energie, France)04:25:48
5.Mraouni Salaheddine (Morocco) 04:32:52
- Areruya Joseph (Rwanda)14:53:21
- Holler Nikodemus (Bike Aid, Germany)14:53:32
- Gaudin Damien (Direct Energie, France)14:53:55
- Koshevoy Llia (Wilier Triestina, Belarus)14:54:41
- Jones Brenton (Delko-Marseille Provence, Australia)15:01:00